You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I thought it was time for me to make a complete tutorial for beginners. Obviously I couldn't cover everything, but if you are new to Affinity Photo, this tutorial should get you up and running pretty fast.  :)

Affinity Photo Tutorial For Beginners - Top 10 Things Beginners Want To Know

Enjoy!

Free Affinity Photo Course! :5_smiley:
Follow along with me as we learn how to edit everyday photos.

I thought it was really good. You have a nice calm voice, and you talk nice and slow. I haven't used Affinity Photo yet, so your review was pretty new to me. I like how you explained the layer adjustments and masks. I hope to see more advanced videos. I really want to learn about Affinity's warping features and how to upscale poor picture quality to reveal very minor details.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Sure thing. I'm subscribed now, so don't disappoint me. Heh heh!

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 1 year later...

Ezra,

I am making my way through the course.  Well done.  Although I am much more comfortable with my understanding and can follow I find the Adjustments & Filter section videos lack some of the depth of explanation found in the earlier videos.

Question: I have several selections (of people) that I copied to their own pixel layer in Channels but I am having a challenge figuring out how to copy these selections into different photo.  It's probably somewhere in the course vids.

Thanks for the great work.

• 2 months later...

Ezra,

I am making the switch from Lightroom/Photoshop CC and this video helped with my decision.  At first glance Affinity Photo appears to be a larger learning curve the then I thought.  Your beginners video was very clear and you did a great job of getting through to this old timer. 

I actually purchased your beginners course from your website and am looking forward to getting started. 

I am having some glitches with the video quality and not being able to download them to my iPad Pro.  I did submit a service ticket yesterday and am awaiting your response.  I am sure it is something I am doing and all will work out in the end.

I was curious, Besides using Affinity Photo for your editing, what do you use for an organizer for your work.

Anyway, thanks again for your work to help all of us who are switching out of Adobe :)

• 3 years later...

Good morning!

I am a beginner and I wish to create everything which our start-up might need, from logo's to websites.

I don't know what Affinity can offer.  Where do I start?

Thank you to Ally - (I jumped in, in the middle with Affinity photo after we needed to edit an advertisement someone created for us on Affinity) - your relaxed explanation helped a lot!

Can you help?