Sign in to follow this  
randomobject

Save to PDF: artboard order seems reversed

I've started to use Affinity Designer on a few jobs and I've noticed that when I 'Export' to PDF. The order of the art-board's are outputted in reverse. I have tried reordering them both within the layers panel and visually on the canvas. It would make sense to have them in the order they appear on screen, no?

If I'm missing something somewhere, enlighten me, Ta!

The artboards are exported according to their order in the Layers panel from bottom (page1) to top (last page).

Ah Interesting, had me going there also.

My brain is wired for Western Culture reading convention, Left to Right, Top to Bottom.  This set up is backwards, which is fine if you know this.

Cheers!

Mars

By default pages are exported in the order they are created. I think anything else would be confusing: if you create Page 1, 2 and 3 in that order you'd surely expect them to be exported in that order. I think the confusing part is that our Layers tab puts the first created/drawn object at the bottom of its list, and newer items at the top of the list - which has its own logic.

Oh, that would mean the order can't be changed by manually resorting?

No, I just checked that. They can be reordered. OK, I understand your argument, that definitly makes sense that way. I think I will get used to it... all other  ideas don't work because the artboard is like graphic object (can lay in front or behind), so appending artboards at the bottom of the list also doesn't work (if they overlap).