David4

[Fixed] Rotate image as described in Affinity Photo, Raw process

Please show me where I can locate the boxes as shown in screen shot, for rotating an image.post-26329-0-58683800-1472589747_thumb.pngpost-26329-0-32900800-1472589801_thumb.png

Kind regards,

David

I'm not sure what you are asking, but if those icons are not on the toolbar for you, right or control click on the toolbar & choose "Customize Toolbar..."

This is the same as with many other OS X apps: you can use the default set or drag whichever items you want onto or off of the toolbar.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

David4, if you mean you want to rotate and landscape image to a portrait orientation, click Document in the toolbar; click rotate CW (clock-wise) or CCW (counter clock-wise); do a Save As for the file. I had the same question yesterday and had help figuring it out. It seems Affinity does not read the camera information in a RAW file and so may display all images in landscape orientation, even though you shot it in portrait orientation. Hope this helps. :)

Edward

Seems you cannot rotate properly in Develop persona. You have to develop image first, then go to menu Document>Rotate 90°..

(I hope Affinity would not use too many toolbar/button strip buttons; they are hard to find, not really macintoshy, would prefer menu commands, contextual menu and panels.)

AP generally reads camera orientation data just fine, there are just some camera model's raw which is problematic. Anyway, sometimes you want to rotate image anyway as you have shot in angle and want to use image angled just differently. So rotate in develop is a must feature.