You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Split View Settings

I absolutely love the Split View mode, however I'd like to have an easier way to access this feature. Maybe there could be a button alongside the ones that let you choose view modes (outline, pixel and retina pixel preview) or a keyboard shortcut to toggle it. I use the split view almost all the time but having to turn it on from the drop down menu every time I launch Affinity is kinda annoying. 

Adding a button to the Navigator panel to enable split view could be helpful. Or adding some buttons to the context tool bar (CTB) when nothing is selected and the Move tool is active. As it is, the CTB shows just Document Setup and Preferences. Adding a View Mode dropdown menu button there would be nice.

And while in split view, being able to right click on the vertical labeled tabs to choose which kind of view (Pixel, Vector, Outline, etc) for that side would also be a time-saver. And while we're at it, how about being able to split the view horizontally? 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

And while in split view, being able to right click on the vertical labeled tabs to choose which kind of view (Pixel, Vector, Outline, etc) for that side would also be a time-saver. And while we're at it, how about being able to split the view horizontally? 

You can click each tab once to make it active and then choose the viewing mode from the navigator. 

• 1 year later...

Me again with another minor pet peeve I have with the split view. I almost always use the Vector/Outline combination, but whenever I go back to single view mode, my choices are not saved, so when I come back to split view, I have to set up the two panels manually. It would be really useful to have some way to save split view presets for different workflows. I think this would be useful for a lot of users. Another simpler option would be to just remember the last choice the user made for these panels and default to it the next time they use split view. This could be reset upon restarting AD or it could be a toggle in the Settings. Anyway, a way to save and quickly toggle split view modes (or at least one) would be really neat. :)