You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys,

I’m a designer and I’ve been using Photoshop for years now, but I’m thinking of switching to Affinity. The problem I’m noticing is that when I try to open PSD files with Affinity, the file doesn’t open correctly since is missing items like text box. Any ideas of why isn’t opening the file correctly?. I thought that PSD files were 100% compatible. The reason I’m asking this is because I want to convert and move all my PSD files to Affinity so I can work on them later using the app.

Thanks for the help.

Screen_Shot_2016_08_29_at_8_53_12_PM.png

• Staff

Hi Rodb.kevin,

Welcome to the Forum  :)

Would it be possible for you to provide the .PSD file you have been having issues with so that I can look into why your text may not have imported? 

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Rodb.kevin,

Welcome to the Forum   :)

Would it be possible for you to provide the .PSD file you have been having issues with so that I can look into why your text may not have imported? 

Thanks

C

Never mind, I just fix it by unchecking this option in Affinity "Import PSD text as text rather than bitmap".

Thanks anyway.

• Staff

Hi rodb.kevin,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for the file. The text is all there but some is being placed outside the document canvas. Can you tell me if this file was originally created from scratch in Photoshop or if it was originally created in other software (Illustrator maybe) and then imported/reworked in Photoshop? In case another software was used, can you tell me which one have you used to create the file please?

Issue logged to be looked at.

Thanks.

• Staff

Yes - I need to see the original PSD file.

Was it created/exported originally from Illustrator?

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Hi rodb.kevin,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for the file. The text is all there but some is being placed outside the document canvas. Can you tell me if this file was originally created from scratch in Photoshop or if it was originally created in other software (Illustrator maybe) and then imported/reworked in Photoshop? In case another software was used, can you tell me which one have you used to create the file please?

Issue logged to be looked at.

Thanks.

Hi rodb.kevin,

When I open this file on my computer the text shows on the canvas! What version of Affinity are you using?

C

Yes - I need to see the original PSD file.

Was it created/exported originally from Illustrator?

Ok, for the PSD file I was using the Affinity Photo 1.4.2. I try it with the original file which is in Illustrator and I opened with Affinity Design 1.4.2 and now the text and everything seems to be working ok!.