You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Close All?

I know this is probably because of my sloppy workflow, but I often end up with many designs open at the end of a session. (I'm mostly bringing in screenshots and labeling them.

To this end I've found the Close All feature in Photoshop useful. Any chance this could be added to Designer?

• 3 months later...

I do not think I have any app that has this fundamental "close all" command. Search shows I have 712 apps in this machine.

Edit: Correction, Finder has it :-)

I'm a professional photographer. It's quite common for me to open 20 or more files at once. I'll do whatever it is I need to do then close all of the files. Some programs that I use have it:

Cinema 4D

Modo

Photoplus X6

Microsoft Word

Microsoft Excel

High-End Photographic Prints

I'm a professional photographer. It's quite common for me to open 20 or more files at once. I'll do whatever it is I need to do then close all of the files. Some programs that I use have it:

Cinema 4D

Modo

Photoplus X6

Microsoft Word

Microsoft Excel

My Word and Excel do not have that command. I can always quit program to close documents. But anyways, someone may need that command while I do not. It should not be hard to code and there is room in the file menu.

My Word and Excel do not have that command. I can always quit program to close documents. But anyways, someone may need that command while I do not. It should not be hard to code and there is room in the file menu.

Screen grab of Word's available commands. Same applies to Excel.

Obviously my needs are different than yours. I often have multiple documents open so that I can copy and paste elements between them and in a range of applications.

post-46034-0-78050100-1482539136_thumb.jpg