You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer needs a style and appearance panel.

AD is amazing and I'm using it exclusively over illustrator but one thing I really miss is the appearance panel. Yes there are styles in AD but I don't see a way to add multiple strokes or multiple transforms to a single object. Attached is an example of the styles I created and could apply with a single click from my graphic styles library. As you can see the are multiple outlines, textures and distortion transforms that were contained within the styles. The 3D look was achieved by using the transform function in Illustrator by just making multiple copies and offsetting them. I know the new update will have  symbols which  will be great for creating the 3D like illusion but I hope in future versions Serif will make their styles more robust! :)

post-35649-0-02113500-1472434580_thumb.jpg

Oh, also forgot to mention, if you look at the style that reads "Valentine" you'll also notice the hearts around the words. This is also part of the graphic style. You can make strokes fill with image brushes and then offset them so they appear outside of or underneath your text. Another cool feature Affinity Designer could benefit from!

• Staff

Hello Poptoogi,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Multiple Effects/Fills/Strokes per shape are already on Designer's roadmap but not multiple transforms.

Currently you can already assign image/textured brushes to text strokes (Draw Persona Brushes) and they become part of the style although you can't offset them.

Thanks for your feedback.

Awesome! Thank you for the reply! I'm loving AD and some of the stuff like this that I miss from Illustrator is really quite minor. I'm sure as AD develops it will just get better and better. I already think AD has so many features that work better than Adobe products! The amount of love and attention to detail in both programs AD/AP are just great! Thank you so much for so a wonderful program! I've been waiting years for someone to give me an alternative to Adobe!