You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to open portrait format images in portrait format

I opened a portrait image in Affinity, but it only displays in landscape format. I created a base document in portrait format and tried to open a raw image file in that document, but it would not display. So far all portrait format raw files only display in landscape format. Why?

Edward

Yes I tried rotating the image and saving it which worked. However, when I copy content from the image into another image as a layer, the copied content displays in landscape format. Very frustrating. Thanks for the reply though.

Edward

Staff, I was using a Fuji image loaded into LR, converted to .dng, then copied out of the LR directory outside of LR and then pasted into my Affinity source RAW folder. I then opened the .dng portrait image and did a Document, Rotate CW to make it a vertical; then did a Save As to label the image as a "vert" so I could distinguish it from the original image file. 

I then processed the image, did a Save As to the Affinity Processed folder (where I keep all my processed images.) I found Affinity worked fine with .tiff and .dng image files.

That seemed to solve my issue.

Thanks for asking.:)

Edward