You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brightness & Contrast sliders not changing the number

I've noticed that no matter what I do with the contrast or brightness sliders, the number at its right never changes. The adjustment works fine, only the number is not. If I enter a value manually and hit enter, the slider reacts properly, but the number remains 0. I've also noticed that it shows 'px', instead of '%'.

Regards;

Val

[edit] It happens with all the adjustements.

• Staff

Hiya Val,

I haven't seen this before, so the only way you can use sliders is by manually entering values, you can't use the mouse to slide them at all and have the changes reflected?

Can you try doing a reset of the program by holding down CTRL while launching it and letting me know if you get the same behaviour?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

No, just the opposite: the sliders work well, but as the number remains '0' I cannot do it with precision. The changes are reflected correctly.

Tried a computer restart and resetting the program with no result.

Here's a screen capture; you can see the slider moved to its bottom right with no change in the number.

Thanks for the response;

Val

[edit] Mac mini, mid. 2011 running El Capitan

post-16901-0-15242600-1472645312_thumb.jpg

• Staff

I can reproduce this now, I just had to change my program language to Spanish (although it seems to be reproduced on any non English Language).

I'll get this logged for the developers to look into!

Thanks for reporting it

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

This appears to be a localisation thing.
If I switch the app language out of English I see the same bug as Valentín.
I would also note that the adjustment window dose not automatically open as soon as they are added as they all do in the English version. Instead after it's added I have to double click on it in the Layers panel to bring it up.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.