You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You can't flood-fill an area bounded by a number of separate vector lines or shapes, if that's what you're asking.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

What have you selected? Pixel selection (pixel persona) is easily filled with flood fill. It does not work for shapes.

Affinity apps have trouble presenting which tools and commands are active and applicable, many times you can tool and command as much as you want and nothing happens as Affiniity just forgets to tell you action is not applicable.

n0rmand0,

This has been requested before but it has yet to be added. Hopefully it will be added sometime in the near future as it very useful. Something like Illustrator has where you can apply a colour (or fill) to a selected object with a shortcut. Now you can do a fill of none just like in Illustrator (even the same shortcut). Unfortunately the apply last used colour and apply the last used gradient have yet to be added. 

Hokusai

Andy,

I would like to see a "fill" or "apply" last colour used shortcut in Designer so that it can be used to apply colours to vector objects. Right now we can only copy something and then use the paste style and while that works well in most situations, there are times when it would be better to be able to use a shortcut to apply the last used colour or last used gradient. Like the "use fill" option that is available when using the Pen tool now. I'd like to be able to turn that off and on with a shortcut as well I'd like to be able to choose between gradients and regulars fills and not only when I'm using the Pen tool. The way it is now requires more mousing.

Thanks,

Hokusai