You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboard templates?

• Staff

Hi Gr8rck,

Its not possible to save Artboards as templates within the app I'm afraid. However I think this would make a great addition to the app so I am moving this thread to the Feature Requests section :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 5 months later...

I have to add something else: I know Affinity is being heavily sold towards UI designers and digital illustrators, so having digital screen presets makes sense, but it is also a print-geared app…

It would be nice to also have print-sized presets (DIN A-series formats, US formats, offset formats – 50x70 cm, 70x100 cm –, etc…) and maybe have Affinity only show the appropriate formats depending on colour mode/document preset (as in “Print/Print (Press-Ready)” vs. “Photo/Web/Devices” and/or RGB vs. CMYK).

If a user is working in a mixed media project demo for a client (such as a corporate identity that includes both printed stationery and UI mock-ups), switching between presets would be a minor inconvenience, but the net gain for most users when working in most projects (in which the print-bound and screen-bound artboards would probably be segregated anyway so as to allow the assignment of the proper colour modes and profiles for each use case) would be great.