You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any way to get Bootstrap grid lines?

I am also looking for a way to add outside gutter or margin while the grid stays fixed.  For example, if I make a grid at 1170px width (70px spacing, 1 division, 30px gutter) I want to show like 15px of additional gutter or maybe a margin of 15 on each side making total width of the document 1200.  How can I do that?

Is there a way to do an outside margin or outside gutters? I have my grids setup but a few are fluid designs so I want to be like 1400 pixels wide to show some background. My grid is perfect at 1170 but I want like a 100 margin outside on each side.

How about beefing up the Grid Manager and adding an interactive Grid TOOL that displays handles and guides on the art boards, allowing the user to interactively drag and adjust, similar to the way Smart Shapes are always live and adjustable? This would be in addition to the current numerical panel of course, and in fact the tool could be enabled only via the current Grid panel...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

How about beefing up the Grid Manager and adding an interactive Grid TOOL that displays handles and guides on the art boards, allowing the user to interactively drag and adjust, similar to the way Smart Shapes are always live and adjustable? This would be in addition to the current numerical panel of course, and in fact the tool could be enabled only via the current Grid panel...

This is already on my to-do list.  I'd already got a plan for a Grid widget that works along snapping.  This will include a way to move the grid origin.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• Staff

Is there any way to display Bootstrap grid lines in Affinity Designer?  I have been playing with the grid tool and attached is as close as I can get.  Is there a better way?

Bootstrap style grids will be addressed when we improve guides.  This will include automatic guide creation tools.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

That's wonderful Ben! I'm not sure how plan on implementing the tool, I'm sure it will be great, just an idea: would be great if the Grid tool actually produced Grids as a special type of "Smart Shape" of sorts, editable and live. This would be much more flexible than only having document grids... Can't wait to see what u come up with. As always, wonderful work on all the Betas... With each release we are closer and closer to removing Adoblow's subscription chains!

This is already on my to-do list. I'd already got a plan for a Grid widget that works along snapping. This will include a way to move the grid origin.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've just released a Boostrap 4 Grid Template for Affinity Designer. It includes columns, gutters as well as guides and some more stuff. This should hopefully help when setting up a new Bootstrap 4 project in Designer.

I hope you find this useful, let me know if anything is missing.

Enjoying Affinity Designer on Windows 10. Check out my Bootstrap themes