You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DAUB Comics Basic Set 2.0

paolo.limoncelli

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you mates!

Yes these fit AP perfectly!

Thanks Paulo! Also, as super easy way to install them is to just drag and drop the unzipped file straight onto the AD icon in your dock! 

Wow! Nice hint! Thanks! 

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi I tried to install these brushes into the windows beta version and after downloading the file I cold not see a .afbrushes file to install.   Please advise John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Hi thanks for the quick reply.  Yes I did switch to Pixel Persona.  I downloaded the *.zip file and when I look in my file manager (file explorer on win10) I cannot see a file .afbrushes. All I can see if another directory MACOSX with nothing visible in that either. FYI I download your pencils' files and they unzip ok to show .afbrushes files Ok.

Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home

• 5 months later...

I obviously have a problem with my PC, I have downloaded this zip file several times and the *.af brushes do not show up within the zip file.  Using win10 and the edge browser and IE.  Have also downloaded this onto my phone and emailed it to my PC still with no luck.  Anybody any suggestions please? John  Update now sorted somebody emailed me the file.  Now installed.  Thank you for these Paolo

• 5 months later...

post-49522-0-08641400-1499250740_thumb.png

Hi I tried to install these brushes into the windows beta version and after downloading the file I cold not see a .afbrushes file to install.   Please advise John

Hi all,

first of: thanks to the author

secondly: this may apply to the 'unsupported ...' errors as well

thirdly: The zipped file name contains the '|' character, which causes the troubles on windows and the the windows built-in unzipper. I am using windows 10 btw. To solve this problem use a 3rd party unzipper - I use 7zip. Open the zip file with it and you can see the file with the invalid character. Right-Click and copy it from there into your windows file system. 7zip auto-replaces the invalid characters. See the attachment, please.

post-49522-0-08641400-1499250740_thumb.png

Cheers

It's digital, it's entertainment, it's our passion - xox interactive

http://xoxinteractive.com

I realize this post was made 3 years ago  but I've been using AD for a few months now and want to try using it for my manga & anthro drawings before I invest in CSP. I downloaded the file and it's empty. It has one interior folder, but no files. Is there somewhere else that the comic brushes are available?

• 6 months later...
On 11/1/2014 at 11:29 AM, paolo.limoncelli said:

Hi folks!

I'd like to share with you this simple set of raster brushes for cartoonists, character designers and comic artists.

strokeSheet.jpg

It is composed of:

4 layout tools
1 HB pencil and 3 layout pencils embedding typical colors like blue, red and green (you don't need to choose it from color picker).

4 Inkers
A calligraphic pen, round ink, a trapezoid shaped one and a simple bristles india ink.
All these tools are sensitive to pen pressure and axis rotation too, so if you us a Wacom Artpen will find the stroke response very natural.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

DAUB_Comics Basic Set.zip

Is there a set of these as VECTOR brushes?

THANKS!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...