You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HDR/Tone Mapping Tutorial?

This request is primarily directed to you James. I've benefitted greatly from your huge  collection of tutorials. They're well done and to the point - thank you for all the work you've put into those. The index list you've compiled at the beginning of this thread helped a lot too.

I've just downloaded the Photo beta and have started trying some of the new features. So far I'm really impressed - the development team at Affinity are doing a great job. Of course with new features comes a demonstration of new areas of ignorance - VAST new areas of ignorance in my case. :unsure:  

It might be a bit unusual ask for tutorials for a beta version but since it's out there now more knowledge of how to use it could help with providing useful feedback.

My request is specifically for tutorials on HDR and tone mapping. Having tried HDR I clearly don't have any idea of what I'm doing. The basics of stacking make sense but the fine tuning/tone mapping has me puzzled (although if garish is the objective I'm on the right track!). I'm sure other new features would also be topics for further tutorial development.

Thanks again,

Ed

MBd - I'd be delighted to see your writeup about HDR (even if you aren't the one and only James  :D  :P) and appreciate your suggestions. Right now my HDR efforts are quite crude and tend to be overdone. 

• 1 month later...