You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 11)

Jeff, if you use a mouse with a scroll wheel, you might find it very useful to enable "use mouse wheel to zoom" in Preferences > Tools. With this enabled you can zoom in & out at any time with the wheel, even simultaneously while you are drawing or using another tool.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

I'm seeing a nasty and consistent crash in at last one file I'm trying to work in. Happens when I attempt to copy an element.

Crash report attached.

Sorry about this... The crash report just suggests the crash is in trying to create an image to place on the clipboard but doesn't give any other useful information... Are you able to send the file (or that part of it) to support@seriflabs.com and we can try to work through it and fix the problem? The file will only be used to fix the problem and then deleted.

Thanks,

Matt

Jeff, if you use a mouse with a scroll wheel, you might find it very useful to enable "use mouse wheel to zoom" in Preferences > Tools. With this enabled you can zoom in & out at any time with the wheel, even simultaneously while you are drawing or using another tool.

R C-R thanks for the suggestion and for taking the time to respond, much appreciated. I use a trackpad, so it's not quite the same behavior, albeit in the right direction. Also, this method still requires a little work in terms of centering, in that it zooms to wherever the mouse is currently. I'd prefer the selected object to be centered in the view window. I know this is a nit, but when working in a tool for hours/days on end, these kinds of details make a huge difference in the quality of experience.

Scroll to selected Layer (in the Layers Panel) - I work with files that have thousands of layers, nested within folders upon folders — and this was before art boards. I spend a lot of time in the Layers Panel, arranging, grouping, masking, renaming, etc. Scrolling through thousands of layers every few minutes is really painful. 

Rebound on Jeff's request. In production environment, manipulations on the layers panel happen a hundred times a day. A standard layer show-up would save a lot of hassle.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.