You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Applied styles don't match definded styles

Hi,

I just encountered a problem when applying styles to different objects. For example: I set an outer shadow 50% opacity, 10px radius, 10px offset, then I create a new style from this selection.

When I apply that style to another layer the 50% opacity stays the same (as expected) but the values for radius and offset have changed.

Thanks in advance.

• Staff

Hi Wiredframe,

Are you applying the style to the same size object? I found that if the object you are applying the custom style to differs in size, it will affect the Radius and Offset. I couldn't tell you which behaviour I think is right as I can see pro's and con's for both the current and your expected behaviour. 

I'll put this to development and get some feedback on which one is correct. I'm going to hazard a guess that it is by design however there's no harm in asking.

Thanks!

• Staff

There is a scale checkbox if you go into the Layer Effects settings (click the cog) and it is in the bottom left corner but this only affects the shape when dragging. Not how the effect is applied to a new shape that hasn't been dragged but is a different size.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.