You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple Photos only allows first use of 'edit in AP' option

Hi;

I'm giving the AfP extensions a try; regarding Apple Photo app, i've found this issue:

I've loaded a bunch of JPG images into Photos. Selected one, clicked 'edit'; looked for the AfP extensions and selected the 'edit in affinity photo' one. Image loads into AfP normally. Edited it, exported, then closed. Back in Photos, clicked on Cancel in order to preserve the original.

Then I selected a second photo and repeated the steps. When selecting the AfP extension, Apple Photo tries to load it into AfP, but the document never gets opened. Pressing cancel or closing the app brings a message indicating that the edition is in progress, but the document never gets loaded into AfP.

Quitting Apple Photos and reopening it brings me to step 1: can edit the first image, but hangs on the second.

My camera's RAW format isn't compatible with Photos, so I cannot tell you if this is a JPG issue or a general one.

Regards;

Val

• 1 month later...

Interesting. I just bought Affinity Photo specifically for using the Photos.app extensions—I will rarely use Affinity Photo itself, but there will be those occasions.

However, I cannot find the 'edit in affinity photo' you refer to—I only have the 

Develop

Haze

Retouch

Mono

Liquify

Mini

How do I activate the 'edit in affinity photo'?

Hi, MacMyDay;

This option may be only an Affinity Photo Beta feature yet, so if you're running the Mac Apple Store version it might not appear, I'm not sure about that.

Other possibility is that you haven't checked the proper option in the System Preferences panel: go to system preferences/extensions and look for Affinity Photo, there you will see all options available. If the 'edit in affinity photo' checkbox isn't there, I think I'm right and you're running the MAS version and it does not support this feature yet.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.