You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

One thing that always bothered me about the adobe suite was the lack of options for organizing typography so I had to look through lots of fonts to find the one I was looking for if I didn't remember the name of it off the to of my head. It would be awesome if fonts could be organized into folders of my choice so that I could put decorative fonts in one folder, favorite fonts in another, sans serif, serif etc... Having an organized font system would improve my workflow immensely as a graphic designer. As it is now with illustrator picking fonts is a nightmare. (All this would be in the font drop down.) 

You can also invest in a pro-level font manager like Linotype's FontExplorer which is great. There are others as well. Most give u much better previewing abilities than apples FontBook

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 1 year later...

Just an idea - but wondering if it's something of interest to others:

Now that 1.6 Beta has Used/Favorite font categories - which I love - it would be great to have the ability to organize by user-created categories.  For instance, I would organize into Headline, Body, Distressed, Geometric, Grotesk, Typewriter etc.  I know that Font Book has categories but the problem is that it doesn't pick up fonts that I installed under RightFont, and it certainly doesn't pick up rented fonts under Typekit or Skyfonts.  But I care about these font categories really in Affinity Designer, or Photo (but more so Designer) and for sure the upcoming Publisher.  The idea is that once they are installed, however you installed them, then they are ready for use in Designer, so that should be the program to handle this.  Alternatively, RightFont can also do this but they don't have Skyfonts integrated yet.  

53 minutes ago, abarkalo said:

Now that 1.6 Beta has Used/Favorite font categories - which I love - it would be great to have the ability to organize by user-created categories.  For instance, I would organize into Headline, Body, Distressed, Geometric, Grotesk, Typewriter etc.

I think that is what the OP was asking for a year ago. I would like to see this too.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/24/2020 at 4:47 PM, EmFitzz said:

Reviving a long dead thread

Time for another ‘bump’, methinks!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)