You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mouse Cursor becomes Invisible and brushes hard to see.

Hi, My name is Tim and I am new to this Program though not to Serif software. As I am new, I decided to start with the Beginners Tutorial, that is the one entitled, "Affinity Designer for Beginners." I managed to complete the tutorial OK but what I found most frustrating was the fact that at the beginning, when selecting the rectangle shape, the cursor was not visible in, or crossing the workspace, (the Black surround area), though it was visible on the page and all the toolbars. Also the bushes were very very faint and hard to choose, fortunately their names were visible when the cursor was on them. Whilst doing the tutorial I was running the video on my Android tablet and noticed that the cursor was always visible there, and the brushes were clearly prominent.

Is this a bug or is it something to do with my computer? Any ideas for a solution please? ~Tim

• Staff

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

It sounds like you could do with increasing the gamma levels from Preferences > User Interface and then drag the 'Background Grey Level' up slightly. One of my monitors is quite old and is pretty dark and I found it difficult to see the cursor also. I dragged it to my newer monitor and it was much clearer.

Hopefully this should resolve the issue for you :)

Cheers.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.