You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP] copy/paste something into a layermask

Hi,

just a simple question. Is it possible to copy/paste something into a layer mask? And How?

I have a B/W layer i want to use as a mask for another layer. In Photoshop I just copy/past the whole layer into the layermask. AP does not past it into the mask but as an new layer. Or is there another easy way to use a complete B/W layer as a mask for another layer?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Is this the only way to paste an image in the layer mask? No way whatsoever to copy and paste content directly into the mask layer? It's kind of slow to have to every time create/duplicate a layer, convert it to mask and then replace the old mask layer with that one. You can do it in 2 seconds in Photoshop with simple CTRL+C --> CTRL+V.

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"