You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity - meet the team

anon1

Just imagining Justinberg - coding raster-based software by day, cooking methamphetamine and blowing up drug kingpins by night..

I think you Better Call Saul!

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

(I'd like to offer my apologies to MBd because it seems that some of the Affinity team have become a little 'over-enthusiastic' and have changed their descriptions to better reflect them... or so they imagine?)

Note to everyone else: Don't assume that MBd wrote the content you're seeing and is being flippant or derogatory in any way, his original post was just the facts, it has since been 'improved' by the team members themselves!  :ph34r:

no apologies as long as your team is fine with it ;)

was an incredible amusement to read it last evening and now again  :D LOL

I´m giving Andy a hard time with feature requests as well so if anyone deserves to mess with my posts, it´s him  :lol:

it has since been 'improved' by the team members themselves!  :ph34r:

post-9020-0-30298500-1471970070_thumb.jpg

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• Staff

Ha! My t-shirt was one they gave me to wear when we attended The Photography Show at the NEC earlier this year - I just happened to be wearing it on the day the photographer came around and now it looks like I always happen to dress in large Affinity logos!

I'm actually tempted to get some made up myself with a slightly more subtle logo size - and (oh my word) you haven't seen the back of that t-shirt - if there was ever any doubt where I work, the back of the t-shirt would spell it out in humungous AFFINITY writing! (not the most subtle of designs, but obviously effective to wear at a show...)

If I decide to get some made, I'll see how much extra it would cost me for a few more added to the order at the same time... :)

Matt

Ha! My t-shirt was one they gave me to wear when we attended The Photography Show at the NEC earlier this year - I just happened to be wearing it on the day the photographer came around and now it looks like I always happen to dress in large Affinity logos!

I'm actually tempted to get some made up myself with a slightly more subtle logo size - and (oh my word) you haven't seen the back of that t-shirt - if there was ever any doubt where I work, the back of the t-shirt would spell it out in humungous AFFINITY writing! (not the most subtle of designs, but obviously effective to wear at a show...)

If I decide to get some made, I'll see how much extra it would cost me for a few more added to the order at the same time... :)

Matt

this is easily the funniest thread I´ve read for quite some time  :D  :D

would definitely be much appreciated if you could plant some extra  B)

• 2 months later...

I came across this post while browsing resources. 

Rather late in the day, I'd like to thank each and every member of the team for their great support in this forum.

They are well & truly unsurpassed !!!!

Thanks, guys (and girls ??)  !!!  :wub:

Kate M is definitely a girl and I think she is missing in my initial post

Your original post includes this:

Ash, Neil, Kate M, acapstick, Dale (working on the presentation of Affinity)

Neil wasn't initially on that list, but Kate was already there when I first saw it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I just need to ask, can't avoid it anymore, it was going to happen no matter what...

Why so many cats and dogs ?  All the avatar, and just clicked that link and bam, even more cats.... I like cats and dogs, not an issue...

(btw, my avatar is not a wink ('CAT' function), Is one I made and use since long for some forums, from an old Spectrum 48k photo, as was my first computer (together with  the neighbour's XT ). I'm that young. )

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

just to put the 300 000 sold copies of AD and AP for mac combined into perspective

it is indeed quite impressive

another App I´m currently using frequently is PDF Expert for Mac and iOS which is pretty essential to me and luckily they also have got a very good customer support.

- they recently pushed a message that they sold 50 000 copies

https://pdfexpert.com/blog/2016/11/pdf-expert-on-the-mac-one-year-journey-giveaway-inside/?mc_cid=1839755cc2&mc_eid=fc23ae9604

I would have thought that they would sell more copies. But maybe their strong side is iOS and obviously Preview on mac is preinstalled and not bad either.

if you ask why I bought the app, it´s because it can display multiple files next to each other like browser tabs, insert links, encrypt PDF and looks nice overall

• 4 months later...

this is easily the funniest thread I´ve read for quite some time  :D  :D

would definitely be much appreciated if you could plant some extra  B)

T- shirt looks amazing  :wub: thanks so much  :)

delivery time perfectly matched the install of AD on my iPad  :D

Matt

wish you all a #happyDay https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/38171-rotate-pages-happyday/

For a second, you had actually caught me … was just about to launch the app store on my iPad …  :D

So I guess you did not check out the new app unveiled yesterday on the App Store by the Scandinavian startup Sloof? They claim their Lirpa app will compete head to head with Affinity, Adobe, et al, mirroring all their functions in a low priced, all-in-one app. It is said to be backwards compatible with all previous file formats & its tiny file size is intended to help reverse the trend to ever more bloated apps.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

So I guess you did not check out the new app unveiled yesterday on the App Store by the Scandinavian startup Sloof? They claim their Lirpa app will compete head to head with Affinity, Adobe, et al, mirroring all their functions in a low priced, all-in-one app. It is said to be backwards compatible with all previous file formats & its tiny file size is intended to help reverse the trend to ever more bloated apps.

no totally missed that but happily noticed that adobe announced to give an option for purchasing instead of renting  :wub:  :)

no totally missed that ...

Did you also miss the three clues in my post?  ;)

Affinity Photo 

Did you also miss the three clues in my post?  ;)

Three clues? I spotted one, or possibly two, in "Sloof Lirpa", but what else is there? :unsure:

Alfred spacer.png

Hooray for Affinity Photo and for every single person working on it. At last a programme that is serious enough to let me slough off of the Adobe shackles.

Hooray also for all the enthusiasts out there who contribute and make this a dynamic and friendly community.

(maybe I should change my name to Henry ;) )

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Eh? Is this something to do with the time of year?

https://www.footasylum.com/lowdown-worldwide-exclusive-sloof-lirpa-on-sneaks-style-and-beats

Dave Straker

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Three clues? I spotted one, or possibly two, in "Sloof Lirpa", but what else is there? :unsure:

"Sloof Lirpa" was not a clue. The three clues were the words mirroring, backwards, & reverse; all hints about the nature of the company + product name.

A little lame I admit, but don't blame me. This sort of thing has been around for many decades. Several technical magazines featured articles about the groundbreaking work of a Dr. (or Professor, I forget which) Loof Lirpa in the 1980's at this time of the year, usually with some similar clue buried somewhere in the text.

Affinity Photo 

"Sloof Lirpa" was not a clue. The three clues were the words mirroring, backwards, & reverse; all hints about the nature of the company + product name.

Oh, I see! Too subtle for me, I'm afraid. :(

Alfred spacer.png

Yup. Got me too. Amazing there's a person called Sloof Lirfa. Or maybe that's a con too.

Gullible is my middle name.

Dave Straker