You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity - meet the team

anon1

I want to sum up a few infos about Affinity here that could be interesting to newcomers that are not all over the forum yet. It´s only information I´ve soaked up at some point and I won´t give guarantees for correctness, please correct anything if you feel it´s wrong! 

Depending on how you want to count things, there are at most 8 devs working on OS X at present (6 contributing to Affinity up-to 1.5, 2 working on future things), 4 working on Windows and 1 running and improving our regression testing suite. So we have at most 13 devs at this point. In all honesty, increasing the number of devs we have would be unlikely to make a positive effect on our productivity (from experience) so we're very happy as we are - we all have areas of expertise and we rely on each other to be passionate and effective about what we're doing and it seems to be working

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/23851-beta-10-still-some-saverestore-issues/?p=113170

In this Forum we´ve got first and foremost: MEB - Miguel Boto

he is the heart of the forum, most likely you know him as he seems to be up 24/7 working and even if you´ve not received an answer from him yet he might just be busy with the other 29 000 forum members 

- he has 10 000 helpful posts, counting++

MattP and AndyS

Matt Priestley and Andy Somerfield . These are the Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo lead developers - be sure to check out their twitter handles..

Matt and Andy

Justin

Science..

post-7-0-92917700-1471894343_thumb.jpg

Ben

Ben is all over PSD export and the snapping which has lead to amazing results already..

Dave Harris

Dave is responsable for text (but because that's such a small and obviously simple thing ;)), he's also responsible for export things like PDF creation and SVG and all this stuff (once upon a time Affinity was using Apples PDF exporter and now they´ve got their own, I bet it´s a big part of Daves achievement) 

Andrew Tang

By his own admission, walks around with a clipboard all day and nobody has any clue what he does. He's probably like an Octopus - he has his tentacles in every pie. If you see it - and it's wrong, it's his fault ;)

Mark Ingram

Known as 'The Pretty One', Mark is often dragged out for photoshoots. He is the leader of the Affinity for Windows team and I can´t say much about him except for the fact that he is also extremely responsive and knowledgeable.

James Ritson

He does the Affinity Photo video tutorials and you can learn really nice english vocabulary from his training sessions as well as great photo editing techniques, he also has programming skills which he enforces in private projects.

TonyB

You mostly don´t notice him except anything spectacular like the windows launch happens, but don´t be mistaken, he might be reading just as much as anyone else..

He is the lead of Affinity as a whole.

Various moderators

(They have the "moderator" tag beneath their pictures - that´s when you know they are official)..

Their number grows from time to time and are like the small wizards that help you out in every case and I´m sure they´re doing a lot of alpha testing beyond the scenes as well

here is a list of all official affinity people on this forum

These are the ones I´ve seen round here so far:

SeanP, Leigh, Callum, Chris B, pauls, Lee D, nravenlock, stokerg, AdamW (dev),  Jon P, Jon W

Ash, Neil, Kate M, acapstick, Dale (working on the presentation of Affinity)

about 6 other developers in the background doing hard work as well

Affinity ....

has sold about 300 000 copies of Affinity Photo and Designer for mac combined 

http://www.nottinghampost.com/notts-app-developer-championed-by-apple-reaches-global-market/story-29504538-detail/story.html

Just to add a tiny bit to what MBd already said for newcomers here: if you have used other software makers' support sites for help with their products, prepare to be blown away by how much better the support you can get here from the Affinity team is than anything else you likely have seen from anybody else.

Here, you won't find any of those annoying scripted "boilerplate" answers that are not relevant to whatever you ask about & make you wonder about the support person's reading comprehension skills.

This is support done right!

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

sorry man  :mellow: I was pretty sure I screwed someone over, maybe even several ones  :wacko: let me edit it so that you´re next to your mates

Andrew right now... ;)

post-9020-0-12103500-1471866173_thumb.jpg

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• Staff

sorry man  :mellow: I was pretty sure I screwed someone over, maybe even several ones  :wacko: let me edit it so that you´re next to your mates

To be fair, no one knows what I do over here either - they haven't sussed out yet that I just walk around with a clipboard looking busy all day. Shhhhhh. ;)

here is an almost historical page from the great e zines

- I also missed Neil which as I take it does promotion in some way so I´ll add that as well  ;)

and Justin is for sure one of the less known but not less important developers who fixed an HDR bug just recently so I should know him as well

post-10405-0-57704100-1471867984_thumb.png

• Staff

here is an almost historical page from the great e zines

- I also missed Neil which as I take it does promotion in some way so I´ll add that as well  ;)

and Justin is for sure one of the less known but not less important developers who fixed an HDR bug just recently so I should know him as well

Wow, that's a blast from the past! ;)  It's worth noting, they didn't tell us there was a 'photo shoot' and I would've tried to be more presentable given any notice*

;)

* it wouldn't have helped much

Hey guys

Great to read this and I cannot express how much I agree with what R C-R said earlier.

You make a really great job and it's a pleasure to be part of the journey of scratching the monopoly of the A products. 

But even if there still a lot to do, this forum and the direct link to the devs and the great help provided by the mods, Miguel at the first place of course, is definitely what gives confidence in using your apps now and for the future.

<send message>By the way, can't wait to beta test the DAM  ;)  ;)  ;) </send message>

OS X 10.12 - AP 1.6.6 - AD 1.6

>>

Depending on how you want to count things, there are at most 8 devs working on OS X at present (6 contributing to Affinity up-to 1.5, 2 working on future things), 4 working on Windows and 1 running and improving our regression testing suite. So we have at most 13 devs at this point.

<<<

So, who is working on the Publisher. This is the software I'm most interested in.

Regards  :) 

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• Staff

The developers working on 'OS X' in my statement above are the original Affinity developers and we're working on core engineering work and OS X-specific and iOS-specific work. This obviously includes all versions of Affinity software for OS X and the iOS variants. I should have been more specific in my original statement, sorry.

• Staff

Someone has been spying us....  :ph34r:

Thanks for your words @MBd ( @MattP) and all. All people mentioned under "various moderators" are actually Serif staff working on several teams/departments (Windows and Mac QA (quality control) teams, Windows dev team, Marketing/PR, Documentation, Creative/Design teams and even Management/Direction just to mention a few.

We are also lucky to have such a passionate and helpful community here, pushing us all everyday to give our best. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm. If Affinity apps are getting better and better each day is also because of you all.

We are also lucky to have such a passionate and helpful community here, pushing us all everyday to give our best. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm. If Affinity apps are getting better and better each day is also because of you all.

:wub:  :wub:  Group Hug everyone....Oh Miguel think i'm welling up here, trying to hold back the tears. :wub:  :wub:

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• Staff

The developers working on 'OS X' in my statement above are the original Affinity developers and we're working on core engineering work and OS X-specific and iOS-specific work. This obviously includes all versions of Affinity software for OS X and the iOS variants. I should have been more specific in my original statement, sorry.

Shambolic Mr. Priestley - what were you thinking?? ;)

A

Good to 'meet' the guys in the back room working so hard on the program for us customers.

A genuine thank you, to all of you. So glad to have made the jump to Affinity from a certain Adobe product range.

Already been talking to MEB and James - and as others have said - it already seems a genuinely personnal and friendly place to be - with no default answers given, by MED or James - nice personal touch.

Keep up the hard work - its working!

• Staff

(I'd like to offer my apologies to MBd because it seems that some of the Affinity team have become a little 'over-enthusiastic' and have changed their descriptions to better reflect them... or so they imagine?)

Note to everyone else: Don't assume that MBd wrote the content you're seeing and is being flippant or derogatory in any way, his original post was just the facts, it has since been 'improved' by the team members themselves!  :ph34r:

• Staff

I seem to detect some uncertainty there! :D

Just imagining Justinberg - coding raster-based software by day, cooking methamphetamine and blowing up drug kingpins by night..

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials