You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Design and Affinity Photo sub folders?

Rigger73

Hey all,

more so a request for admins running the forum.

Is there any chance that Design and Photo can have their own sub folders in the Learn and share section.

I wouldn't mind sharing some things I do, and I would love to see what others using Photo are able to do.

I appreciate the amount of graft that goes into the some of the designs.  However, being a user of photo, and not having design - I'm admittedly looking for photos, not designs.  I'm sure there are others on the design side who may have similar thoughts.

Just an idea, and my tuppence worth.

Rigger, great minds think alike - or so they say...  This post has a similar "food for thought" suggestion and its responses...  https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/23652-ap-and-ad-food-for-thought/

Hey Dalia,

thanks for the link.  Good to know there are others thinking along the same lines.

no offence to the Forums admins - but sticking with one forum for all platforms is lazy administrating.  Yes people get things wrong - it's human nature (the last perfect person I heard of, got crucified nearly 2000 years ago :wacko: ), but surely it would be up to the admins to monitor and place the thread or post in the correct section?  Isn't that one of the roles of a forum admin?

• Staff

Hi Rigger73,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As said in the other thread, we already tried that approach in the beginning and it didn't work that well.

Moderators do move posts/threads when appropriate but since both Designer and Photo (and later Publisher) share the same core code there's features/questions that are common in both programs and so it's difficult to guess to which program the user is referring to if they don't mention it from the beginning to organise the threads accordingly. I know there was a few discussions about implementing a tag system or similar to help with the process but it wasn't done yet. I don't know much details about this but it's being looked/reviewed.

Hi Rigger73,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As said in the other thread, we already tried that approach in the beginning and it didn't work that well.

Moderators do move posts/threads when appropriate but since both Designer and Photo (and later Publisher) share the same core code there's features/questions that are common in both programs and so it's difficult to guess to which program the user is referring to if they don't mention it from the beginning to organise the threads accordingly. I know there was a few discussions about implementing a tag system or similar to help with the process but it wasn't done yet. I don't know much details about this but it's being looked/reviewed.

MEB,

Thanks for the reply.  It shows that you are at least listening to your customers - and for that alone - thank you once again.

The tags idea sounds like a good one.

I understand that mistakes are made - as per previous post - human factors - we all make mistakes.

Hopefully the tags system will allow forum users to target threads and posts that they are looking for quickly without getting mixed up in the other platforms such as Design and Publisher.

I do realise what you say about the same core code being used in these different platforms, but if I don't have Affinity Design or later Affinity Publisher - and only Affinity Photo, then only Affinity Photo threads and posts are all that are going to be applicable to me.  Unless I'm missing something, and the User Interface in all platforms is very similar?

• Staff

Features that are common to both programs do work the same way and share the same user interface. For example the Export Persona is identical in both Photo and Designer, the Adjustements and Layer Effects also work the same way and share the same UI just to name a few cases. So thread's answers can also be useful for users using Affinity Photo even if the replies were originally intended to target Designer.