You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grey bar on right edge of print (not in the picture!)

Hey there!

I have an image that shows a grey bar on the right edge, looking like a gradient (see the print preview in the attached screenshot). But this bar is not visible in the picture itself at all. And it isn't visible on exported versions of the photo.

Can someone explain that to me? Is it my fault, or did i find a bug? Another photo from the same shooting with nearly the same effects on it doesn't show this bar

I can provide the .afphoto file and also a working one for comparison.

Thx

Markus

post-31014-0-94629900-1471701717_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Ctsde_markus.

Welcome to the Forum :)

Would it be possible for you to Attach the .afphoto file to this thread so I may look into this further for you? Any files sent will be deleted once I have looked at them :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very weird. I downloaded your afphoto file & opened it in AP 1.4.2. To begin with, it includes less of the photo than in your screen shot -- everything above the hairline & below the bottom lip is missing, as is most of the while space on the left of the photo. Your screen shot indicates the dimensions of the photo file is 3143 px square, but the downloaded file (containing only a part of the image) is larger, at 4608 x 3456 px. (Unclipping the canvas does not reveal anything cropped out.)

Weirder still, when I opened the print dialog initially everything looked OK when set to my default of 'scale to fit,' but as soon as I tried to duplicate your 66% scale factor, A4 page size, & print orientation I got a weird preview with a color band at the bottom & both a grey bar at the bottom of the image & on page 2 (??) a continuation of that bar & what looks like a shadow effect or the right side. (see attachments)

post-3524-0-08280900-1473243998_thumb.jpg

post-3524-0-80093400-1473244005_thumb.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I get the same print preview result. I believe something is screwy with the Exposure adjustment. No idea what/why, but when it's disabled... no grey bar. Changing level etc doesn't slap any sense into it. Maybe devs would like to see it.

I just made a replacement. Same settings. All good.

(fwiw, I wasn't getting any of the issues RCR was reporting on the other file...)