You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am interested in scanning high resolution copies of traditional sketches and using AP to color the sketch. There are artists who do this in Ps...but I'm not sure how to do it in AP.

I want to maintain the paper & pencil texture, but be able to paint on the image as well. I'm fairly new to the digital painting world, so I'm not sure whether this is called a "mask" or if that is something else entirely. Some help with this would be great. 

• Staff

Hi Manny Burke,

Without seeing exactly what the drawing is you are wanting to scan it is difficult to suggest exactly what you need to do in the app. I recommend following the below tutorial although it was written for PS most of the elements carry over to Affinity In the Adjustments tab.

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-clean-up-your-traditional-drawings-in-photoshop--cms-23591

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Manny,

I use Affinity Designer instead of Affinity Photo to turn my hand draw sketches into vectors and then I colour them (using Designer as well) but like Callum pointed out, without knowing what kind of sketches you are talking about it is hard to know if that would work for you or not?

Hokusai