You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.12 (Windows)

The window opens not maximised. When I click the top right icon to make the AD window go full screen the background of the screen gets dark (like the background of the AD window). But the content of the window itself does stay where it was before.

I looked a little more into this.

In settings > performance I find four entries in the Renderer dropdown:

1) Default Intel HD Graphics 4600

2) Intel HD Graphics 4600

3) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

4) WARP

Only when I select setting #1 the above display error happens right after starting AD. All other three work as expected.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I am working with a mouse only. I, too, experience this kind of freeze that is not a crash. It happened to me on moving the whole pasteboard with the space key pressed down and by rubberband selecting some objects.

d.

I was afraid it was just me facing that problem. I didn't realize the same goes on with the mouse.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I looked a little more into this.

In settings > performance I find four entries in the Renderer dropdown:

1) Default Intel HD Graphics 4600

2) Intel HD Graphics 4600

3) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

4) WARP

Only when I select setting #1 the above display error happens right after starting AD. All other three work as expected.

d.

Hi, this will only have an affect when the document is rendering, and as you didn't have a document open when you took the screenshot, I can't see that it will make a difference. Perhaps it was a coincidence?

You can just copy your %APPDATA%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta) folder over the top of the new %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta) folder.

Thanks for this, Mark. Before I did that I didn't have any access keys for the menu options.

That shouldn't have made a difference Alfred!

I know it shouldn't have. That's why I reported it! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi, this will only have an affect when the document is rendering, and as you didn't have a document open when you took the screenshot, I can't see that it will make a difference. Perhaps it was a coincidence?

You certainly know more about the inner workings than I do  :)

I can reproduce this consistantly by switching between render options and starting AD without a document loaded.

I can solve the display problem by minimising the window to the taskbar and then bring it back to normal size. So it's not a big thing.

I did not have the problem with V.11 or any before.

I have no other clue what made the difference  :(

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

In spell checker, as with this built I have finally started getting wrong spelling highlighting, you can't Ignore / Learn / Guess the last word in a list.

How to reproduce:

1. Create 3 text layers. Write 3 different sentences with one word spelt wrong in each.
  2. Open Text -> Spelling -> Show Spelling Options dialog.
  3. Ignore, learn or guess first spelling error. Do the same for the second. Be unable to do so for the third (last).

Assumption - method doesn't return next word which stops execution at some point. Let me know if you need any more information.

This new version is faster and more stable than the previous one, you guys are doing a very nice work. Loving this tool!

Just had a minor problem today, the "Ctrl + " shortcuts suddenly stopped working while I was working with some shapes. It went back to normal after restarting Affinity Designer.

Finally got round to re-re-installing (it seems every time I try to use it it asks me to upgrade...).

I notice the licence text seems rather large on my computer (Dell laptop, display resolution 3200x1800, screen resolution set to 2048x1152, text size 100%, Windows 10).

post-35021-0-42270300-1471630574_thumb.png

thanks for the update...

how do i skew? 

(still learning in past hour)

Your question probably belongs in a separate thread, but since we're here: there's a Shear control (labelled 'S') on the Transform panel. You can also hover just outside any of the middle adjustment handles and then drag when the cursor becomes a pair of arrows.

post-8358-0-19594100-1471700134_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello,

Having some issues with margins and artboards:

-One artboard with margins works fine.

-Duplicate the artboard to the right and Designers applies the margins across the artboards. Every artboard its own margins would make more sense to me.

-Duplicate the artboard again and all margins disappear, even when they should be visible.

btw - Documents still regularly get stuck in auto-panning.

Your question probably belongs in a separate thread, but since we're here: there's a Shear control (labelled 'S') on the Transform panel. You can also hover just outside any of the middle adjustment handles and then drag when the cursor becomes a pair of arrows.

Well I just learned something new.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Using 1.5.0.12, beta and when I select a string of text then open the Text menu, scrolling down the font list with the mouse always causes the program to shut down.

Edit: I should have said scrolling with the slider on the right hand side.

2nd. Edit: The same happens when scrolling through the font list using the mouse wheel.

Bob.

Using 1.5.0.12, beta and when I select a string of text then open the Text menu, scrolling down the font list with the mouse always causes the program to shut down.

Bob.

Probably you have font that caused this error. If you can give name of it Affinity Team will try to fix it

Bob.

Hi Bob, it sounds like you've got a font installed which is causing us some problems. What font does it get to when it crashes? Do you get a crash reference when you re-start the application?

Thanks for the speedy response. This happens before I even select a font from the list. Sometimes I can select a font and work on it successfully (LHF Desire for example) but it seems quite random. Upon restarting I get the dialogue asking if I want to resume the file.

Bob. 

Thanks for the speedy response. This happens before I even select a font from the list. Sometimes I can select a font and work on it successfully (LHF Desire for example) but it seems quite random. Upon restarting I get the dialogue asking if I want to resume the file.

Bob. 

I think it will be one of the fonts that you hover the mouse over, as we will preview the font change during hover.

Well, I've scrolled down the font list and the problem happens when I reach Blonde Script at the bottom of the window.

But I'm not actually selecting any font at the time. Occasionally I can scroll down past this point without the problem, but when the next font below comes

into view (Blondie), Affinity shuts down. I have deactivated both these fonts in Suitcase 6 but the problem still occurs when I reach the point in the list where

these fonts would have appeared. Working normally in Illustrator CC19 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 12.

Bob. 

Edited by iamtheblues

Well, I've scrolled down the font list and the problem happens when I reach Blonde Script at the bottom of the window.

But I'm not actually selecting any font at the time. Occasionally I can scroll down past this point without the problem, but when the next font below comes

into view (Blondie), Affinity shuts down. I have deactivated both these fonts in Suitcase 6 but the problem still occurs when I reach the point in the list where

these fonts would have appeared. Working normally in Illustrator CC19 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 12.

Bob. 

Hi Bob, is your mouse over the combo at the time? If so, it's the item underneath the mouse cursor.

Hi Mike, Resetting Fonts hasn't done it.

@Mark I scroll down with the mouse pointer over the vertical scroll bar or over the font names list, it makes no difference.

The problem is intermittent as I have subsequently worked using the Desire font. If I reopen the Desire File, I scroll upwards and/or downwards and the program crashes at an arbitrary point in both directions. I don't think I can have that many duff fonts on my system.

I'm going to uninstall 1.5.0.12 and go back to 1.5.0.11 and see what happens.

Bob.

No-one replied to my post about help-text windows clipping text (on page one of the .11 thread - now locked) but it seems to be fixed in .12 so I assume it was either a known problem or I actually helped. Would be nice to know but I guess it's small potatoes in the scheme of things.