You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom in/out to selection with cmd+?

hi,

is there a way to zoom to a selection (selected object) by using cmd+? i am used using this shortcut to zoom in and out from fireworks (which seems logical to me), but in AD cmd+ behaves different.

if i select an object, i would like to zoom to this selected object, when i use cmd+.

where does AD zoom now, when using cmd+? i do not undestand and i can not find out which area is zommed with cmd+.

cmd + shift + 0 (zero) will get your selected object to fill the window.

In pixel persona I believe it will fit to window whatever is on the layer you happen to be on. It's a two handed shortcut but it is there and if you use it often it becomes second nature...

I'm still waiting for customizable shortcuts  ;)

I'm wondering if your referring to a bug. I've found that "cmd" & "-" always seems to zoom out. "cmd" & "+" seems to zoom in just fine but sometimes it gets broken. You can either restart affinity and it seems to reset it, or you can use "cmd" & "shift" & "+" to zoom in while, "cmd" & "-" is used to zoom out. I hope that helps if that's what you're experiencing. I should post this on the bugs section of the forum though.

i know about the cmd + shift + 0 shortcut and i like it and use it a lot - very helpful.

but i still do not understand which logic the cmd+/- zoom shortcut follows. whichever logic this is, why not let it zoom to a selected element, if an element is selected? i am very used to it like all the other fireworks users and this behaviour seems very logical to me.

if nothing is selected, the cmd+ shortcut can work like it works at the moment in every situation.

• 10 months later...
  • Staff

Hi bandit69,

I'm sorry there's been no news on this one yet - I still do agree with your suggestion and will do it. I can only offer my apologies that it hasn't happened yet - I'm very aware there are a number of things people have asked me for over the last year and I've only delivered a percentage of them so far, but I am typing as fast as I can and aim to do every single thing I said I would. Do keep checking the beta versions in the future - one of them may just sneak in this new functionality soon! :)

Thanks again for your patience,

Matt

• 3 months later...