You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I need help locating a tutorial.

I watched a tutorial years ago by someone that I think once worked for Film4. The tutorial demonstrated making a vector mask in Affinity Designer, importing it into Apple Motion for some masked animation (videos in the background of text), then did scoring in Final Cut Pro.

I can't find the tutorial, but it was supposed to demonstrate something like the Google Play Your Heart Out advertisements: https://youtu.be/lQIFVT80fbo?list=PLGc5GJ9a7RPXDjs8u1S5Vur_43ef4bwEj

It might not have been Film4, but I remember the tutorial used scenes from Monster,Inc. and I think Spiderman.  It was simple, yet clean and professional.  The scoring went to I think Hudson Mohawks, Chimes; which Apple used for its Stickers commercial.

The reason I'm bringing it up here is because I'm pretty sure I clicked on a link in this forum (again, years ago) when I discovered it, and I'm hoping someone also remembers it and can help me out.  Here's to hoping...

Here's to hoping... ;)

It was I...

Maybe a year and a half ago, not worked for Film 4 but as a trainer for Apple... But well done for remembering, yes we went from Affinity to Motion to FCPX, still one of my favourite tutorials, need to get back on stuff like this....

And yes based on the Google play advert. My 3 fav apps work so well together... be great to demo this live at some point with a few tweaks.

Hope to have another tutorial following a similar workflow at some point soon...

Thanks for searching... 

Affinity to FCPX tutorial

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Allan, that's the one - thank you!  Not just for the original tutorial, but sharing it again.

I was scanning YouTube for the yellow 9, but I couldn't find it.  Then I thought it was a 4 when I looked up production companies.  My first thought is it could have been Number 9 films, which looked nothing like our geometric 9 that I remembered, but the Channel 4 looked kind of similar, so thought it was either Channel 4 / Film 4.

Regardless, this is exactly what I was looking for.  If you cleaned it up a little, I think you could sell it.  It has great information and technique.  I haven't touched AD in a while, but was looking to get back into it.  Your tutorial is amazing in many regards and I was considering the purchase of Motion and FCPX.

I'm curious, after all this time has gone by, what would you change?  Would you still recommend Motion and FCPX?

No worries, glad you like it and hope it gets you back in to AD again esp with the upcoming 1.5 version at some point soon...

Not sure entirely, this was an actual project I did for a client and thought it would make a good tutorial, may simplify it, also i'm sure this was at a point where I didn't understand Camtasia, and I know a lot more about it now, so could improve on quality... and it's pretty lengthy compare to my other tutorials.

As for Motion and FCPX, for me they are a no brainier, certainly work well together. Designer/Photo combined with Motion/FCPX is a very powerful combination and all for around £350....

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials