jackamus

Cannot save

I am trying to save a drawing but I get a message that says 'Failed to save document' It is asking me if it already exists and maked 'read only'?

Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

AD version 1.6.0

I am trying to save a drawing but I get a message that says 'Failed to save document' It is asking me if it already exists and maked 'read only'?

Further to my comment above, I cannot export this image in any format. I'm stuck until it is fixed. Reminds me of DP!

AD version 1.6.0

Can you tell us what OS version you are on.  There is a know issue with OS prior to 10.7.5 where Sandboxing is broken that resulted in this behaviour.

Failing that, you will get this error message if you try to save over a Locked/Read only file, or try to create a file in a folder that you do not have write permissions for.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Are you running the build from the app store or one of the beta builds?

If it's the app store it could be the same as https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/1844-truble-for-saving-my-designs/

From the Apps Store. I have saved other files ok but not these latest ones.

AD version 1.6.0

Can you tell us what OS version you are on.  There is a know issue with OS prior to 10.7.5 where Sandboxing is broken that resulted in this behaviour.

Failing that, you will get this error message if you try to save over a Locked/Read only file, or try to create a file in a folder that you do not have write permissions for.

I'm running 10.9.5

AD version 1.6.0

I do not create locked or read only files unless this is somehow automatic.

AD version 1.6.0

What if you start a new document? Can you save a brand new document to the Desktop?

Yes that worked OK.

AD version 1.6.0

Since I had this problem last time I have saved several different files without any problems. Today I cannot save this new file due to an 'Internal error'. See attached screen shot.

post-608-0-81969900-1417266859_thumb.png

AD version 1.6.0

Hi Jackamus,

Can you do a Repair Disk Permissions and let us know if that does anything? You can do this by:

- Run up Disk Utility in Applications

- Select your hard drive on the left

- In the 'First Aid' tab, there should be a button to 'Repair Disk Permissions'

Hi Andrew,

Having successfully saved the file to the Desktop I was then able to 'Copy and paste' the file into into a new folder. Since then I have had no problems. However I did the Repair Permissions action you suggested and was able to save the file direct to the required folder. I will monitor the situation with any new files I create.

AD version 1.6.0