You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Effects plug-in like 'Paint Daubs' of Photoshop??

Photoshop used to have an Effects plug-in called 'Paint Daubs'.  I'm wondering if anyone in the Affinity community has ever come across a way to create a similar effect in Affinity?

I used to use the Paint Daubs when working with SD footage from video (pre-HD, pre-4K).  Very subtle use of the effect could make a video-looking still pulled from the film look like a much higher quality image, even slightly painterly, getting rid of any sense of the video-look.

I've even used it on HD, and it makes a still pulled from video look much better when going to print.

All ears,

Ben

I still have the Paint Daubs effect in an earlier version of Photoshop (which no longer runs on my current OS).  And tried to install that specific plug-in into the Affinity-folder-for-effects-plug-ins ... but it doesn't seem to translate.  I heard something like this could be done.  Nada, it seems, in this case.

• Staff

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the Forums :)

I have looked into Paint Daubs effect and it doesn't look like something that will be compatible with Affinity Photo I'm afraid. However you may be able to achieve a similar effect to this plugin by following the below thread :) 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/20115-painting-effect-smudge-tool/

I hope this helps 

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.