You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PLEASE READ THIS: Sharing Guidelines

MattP

• Staff

We've had a query about what is viewed as 'acceptable' content, and what our stance on it is.

This topic is one which is typically fairly volatile because everyone is so different and what is acceptable for one person, can be shocking or inflammatory to another. We don't want everyone to feel cautious about what they click, just in case they are faced with something they'd rather not see, but we also don't want to discourage people from sharing the amazing work they've been creating, so... We think the simplest, clearest thing to do is:

If you think your image could in any way be described as controversial...

- Start a new topic with an appropriate title

- Upload your image to a sharing site (Flickr, Behance, Instagram, etc) - you can even use the 'Share' link in the app's File menu

- Write a proper description of your work in the body of your post and add a text link to the image you have shared

Now, if people think they'd be offended, they just don't have to click the link and they won't see it at all.

Thanks,

Matt

Excellent point, Matt! The implementation is thoughtful and doesn't censor anybody. It treats everyone as adults. Thanks for that.

We all win!  Big Thumbs Up!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just posted mine after reading this! 

^_^

<lendrius>
<equipment> MacBook Pro 15" Quad-Intel 8GB Samsung PRO SSD & 22" Asus LCD from old Linux Machine </equipment>
<education> Degree in Science of Communication </education>
<employ> WebDesigner & Front End Developer </employ>
<passion> Bass Player </passion>
</lendrius>

At some point, will AD have a page like behance? It will be cool, because for example dribble is pretty awesome but you have to get invited and behance is for adobe users. And the share forum is fine but it's a little bit limited. 

Well...I've got a board on Pinterest, this is where you can see my favourites from the forum.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

A few stats for your information. My Pins look like this...

AD Pinterest board pins:

• 50 pins with 24 followers

Public information (Films) posters meets the eejits. George's hard work and talent with the drawing and my copy/text input:

• 5 pins with 7 followers

As I've said elsewhere, this lil ol' acorn is gonna grow into a mighty fine oak y'all. So I feel that it's my pleasure and duty to showcase my favourites and this makes me feel proud to be part of the AD community.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

• Staff

If I used Pinterest, I'd follow you too - I just have a 'thing' about sites that badger me to join! If it let me just browse and do whatever I felt like in a non-intrusive way, I'd probably enjoy it and join up, but the fact that it nags me to sign up/login at every single page makes me angry enough that I'm determined to not join up, even though I want to! I'm sure there's a saying about this including the words 'nose', 'spite' and 'face'... ;)

If I used Pinterest, I'd follow you too - I just have a 'thing' about sites that badger me to join! If it let me just browse and do whatever I felt like in a non-intrusive way, I'd probably enjoy it and join up, but the fact that it nags me to sign up/login at every single page makes me angry enough that I'm determined to not join up, even though I want to! I'm sure there's a saying about this including the words 'nose', 'spite' and 'face'... ;)

I fully agree with you Matt, as I will never do Facebook, for every reason that you can think of. But as I do not have an online presence, apart from this forum of course; Pinterest seems like a least worst option. Compared to Deviantart.com, it does seem like a sell out.

So compromises aside, I'll consider you a honorary follower.

peter

I'm now on STRAVA.com

Edited by peter

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...