You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've tried searching the help but it comes up with nothing if you put in "fill" or "fills".

In photoshop it's CMD backspace to fill with foreground colour or ALT backspace to fill a selection with background colour.  How do I do that in Affinity Photo?  I've tried using the fill tool but that doesn't do it if there is anything already on the layer.

Also if you choose a foreground and background colour at the bottom of the tool palet, AP forgets it as soon as you change to a different type of layer - like form pixel layer to text layer.  This is infuriating as I am used to relying on having having these always available (for myriad reasons) in photohop.  Is there a way to stop this happening?

Thanks for any help.

• Staff

Hi Antiphones,

The short cut to fill an object is ⇧ f5 however it does bring up a window and isn't instant. Your background and foreground colours change to the ones you used when you last used the text tool similar to other apps, this is to make it easier to keep the text consistent through out the document.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.