You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 6 months later...

Hi Meb,

i found this post and tried your suggestion, but for me the command has no effect whatsoever. See the attached image:

I've tried to simplify a worldmap vector. Selected all > clicked on smooth curve = result remains the same. In fact, if i overlay the images, the curves are identical from the first to the second step. It would be very cool (and necessary) to improve this funcionality. Cheers!

post-742-0-39190900-1489609659_thumb.png

Apart from its other problems, Smooth Curve does not work on sharp nodes (indicated by square node symbols). So to get it to do anything on a shape like in your screenshot, you must first convert all or most of those sharp nodes to smooth ones. CMD-A (or the PC equivalent) will select them all once you have the shape selected with the Node tool, & if you want to preserve a few sharp nodes you can Shift-click on them afterwards to eliminate them from the selection.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

CMD-A (or the PC equivalent)

Ctrl is the PC equivalent of Cmd in the Affinity apps. (Would it be non-PC to make a reference to "Command and Control" here??)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Ctrl is the PC equivalent of Cmd in the Affinity apps. (Would it be non-PC to make a reference to "Command and Control" here??)

Ha! You mean writing something like "Press the Command and Control key on your keyboard" to generalize this for both Macs & PCs? Perhaps not so much politically incorrect as just even more confusing than it already is?

On a Mac, it is very simple: a Control-click is the same as a right click ... except when an app is programmed so that it isn't. A right click could be a left click, because there is a preference to set the 'primary mouse button' to either the right or left one to accommodate right or left handed people. There is also a system preference that allows users to set the control key to perform the command key function & visa-versa. You can actually freely assign any of the four modifier keys (Command, Option, Control, & Caps Lock) to perform any of those actions  -- including assigning the same action to more than one key!

What could be simpler than that?  :rolleyes:

PS: Not that I am suggesting anybody really do this (I would never dream of such a thing!) but April Fools Day will soon be here. If you want to mess with a Mac user's head & they are foolish enough to give you access to it, go into System Preferences > Keyboard & change up the functions of some of the modifier keys.  :ph34r:  :lol:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...