You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can't find any interest to this function. Copy/Paste do the same.

If Duplicate had a dialog box (choose a reference point - a curve to place duplicate objects - enter rotate/move/scale - number of copy - linear copy - radial copy - grid copy X/Y), it will be great.

3D software MomentOfInspiration3D is wonderful for that.

post-395-0-63158800-1414659393_thumb.png

One thing... wouldn't better to use the traditional CMD + D to duplicate any element? CMD + J must be used (at least for me) with the two hands so I must stop using meanwhile the mouse...

And a context menu into the layer's panel would be great... with that function too in order to duplicate any layer.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/1255-copy-properties-from/&p=4947

One thing... wouldn't better to use the traditional CMD + D to duplicate any element? CMD + J must be used (at least for me) with the two hands so I must stop using meanwhile the mouse...

I agree on CMD+D  From my FreeHand background, I instinctively press those keys in Designer. Plus "D" equals "Duplicate" to me.

I second custom shortcut as well. And in AD's Command J  defense  makes sense because Photoshop user are use to using command +J  when dupilcating  a layer.

Command D is in my muscle memory as well...

but how about an array tool as a sort of super duplicate feature. Imagine you create a shape (a star for example) then click on the array feature and you can select the number of copies and horizontal or vertical positioning, with a space in between slider and maybe even a shape for the array, square, circle, arc etc... so you end up with 20 stars all set up in a circle and maybe even an option to rotate them on their local centres... wow that would be cool. One for the wish list down the road...

Command + D has been used in a lot of software programs for deselecting. I guess it is all in what you are use to.

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.6 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5- 32 GB  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

iPad Pro 12.9" IOS 13

AD = OS IOS, AP = OS IOS

Ha! You can't please everyone just us in this thread lol jk.

I fam ine with whatever I have so many diffrent application shortcuts in my head whats one more! I pretty much use the space in my brain that use to hold friends phone numbers for shortcuts now. I love it when I am in aplication power-shortcuting my way through some work and get stumped cause my keyboard shortcut is not working anymore, duh that shortcut for that app not this app. Fun!

Seriously, Customizable shortcut will solve your headache. Let us beat out heads agains creating shortcuts that works for our workflow. Some of us will spend all night banging our heads againts creating the ultimate shortcut key workflow hahaha! Just please make sure there a way to export shortcut customizations so because "sharing is caring"   :)

• 4 years later...

Hi, firstly I am referring to @lenogre question.  Is there a way to copy/clone layers in a linear form? I want to copy a layer at least 100 times and set a distance between the copies and hoping to use some parameters to do this, not just manually dragging or copy and pasting groups of layers. In other words I am looking for a sophisticated copy/clone tool for layers. 

Thank you in advance.

• Staff

Hi Miksa79,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There's no direct way to do this but Power Duplicate may help to achieve want you want. The Alignment icon in the main toolbar may also help in certain circumstances (unchecking Auto Distribute and specifying a distance between all selected objects after duplicating them).