Phatman

Tethered Shooting?

Hi Phatman, 

Welcome To the Forums!

We don't have any immediate plans for tethered shooting in Affinity Photo but it is something we have talked about before and may consider for our DAM application :)

C

Aha Callum - nice to see those DAM words here once more ...   Don't suppose you'd care to say how much longer we have to wait for the real thing?

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

Hi Billtils,

We still don't have an ETA just yet I'm afraid, I promise it will be worth the wait though  :D !

C

A DAM is really needed. I am also glad that it is on the table. Tethering really belongs there. I do food and product photography and a good DAM that supports tethered shooting is an absolute necessity.

DAM without tethering is really not pro at all, not even seriously amateur (except for some (but not all) landscape guys)

pretty hard to get the protocols from the different brands though I thing  :wacko:

EDIT

one thing that might be possible is to use a camera brand specific programs to tether and save into a folder and then have an auto import/ watch folder functionality in the Affinity DAM, not as good as C1 e.g. but may be acceptable at first 

Edited by MBd