You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Best way to resize a project (General design question)

Hi Folks, 

Beginner question here. So I've got a logo design Ive done using AD. I'm semi-happy with it and ready to start trying on some mock-up stationary etc. However, whenever I re-size it using the Shift key and dragging the corners in it all goes a bit wrong. The text size doesn't change so ends up massively out of proportion, the shapes Ive created don't decrease in size as they should and it ends up looking a right mess. 

I'm new to the whole design world and still finding my feet. What is the best process for designing, creating a logo that will go across a multitude of products (Stationary, websites etc) and what is the best way to transfer it onto mock ups without destroying the logo when re-siziing it. 

Regards

Mark

I think you should vectorize the text so that it will scale like the other vector elements and you are no longer in need to have the font active.

Before doing this, make a copy with editable text for changes.

BTW Logos often look very simple but creating one that is good across several media, different sizes and contexts belongs to the highest level art of design.

All the best

Carsten

Thanks for reading.

................................................................................
macOS 10.13.6 | MacBookPro | 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | Affinity Suite

Have you noticed AD behaves a little opposite from other apps when scaling? To keep aspect ratio DO NOT PRESS SHIFT. Just scale from corner. When you press shift you get free aspect ratio.

This is contrary all other apps. The reason/rationale is (I guess) that usually you want to keep aspect ratio and therefore it is better not to do any modifier keys. Free aspect ratio is then a special case and reserves a modifier key. I am not sure this is too wise policy..