You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

side menu different now, how come?

You can either click/drag those panels to where you wish to dock them or go to the View menu - Studio - Reset Studio which will default back to how the panels were originally, unless you created a custom view, if that is the case you can add those panels back and dock them where you wish.

Hope that is what you need as I'm slightly confused by "Now I have to click on one to see the window 'Character' etc."

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

You can just click in the tab of the ie layers tab and drag it out of the "bundle". When you see the blue line appear you can dock it there, or you can just have it "loose".

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

And there was mystrawberrymonkey.. ;)

:P  :P  :P

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

iMac1943, it might be worth a look at the Help topic Customizing the workspace, which you can find by typing "workspace" into the search field at the top of the separate Affinity Help window.

There are numerous ways you can arrange & group the panels. The help topic lists them all, with a (probably too) brief description of how to use each of them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7