You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP and AD; Food for Thought

I'm a complete newbie to AP, three days to be exact and am obsessed; love it.  I've gone through the forum and learned much about AP specifically.

Ok, here comes the "food for thought" part.  Would it be possible to create sub-forums, one for AP and one for AD? I find when searching for answers to queries that not all apply to AP.  If something applies to both in either sub-forum, then a link to that thread could be noted.  Did that make sense?  If this has been suggested and addressed, my apologies for the repeat.

It is quite common that a procedure or feature is available both in AP and AD, but with different workflow and different bugs and poster just forgets to say which app (s)he is using. Therefore it would be nice to have separate forums for AD and AP.

Thank you Fixx for your input and MEB for confirming what I imagined the Affinity Forum had already considered.  It might work in the future as more and more people join the Affinity network of products and become aware of the differences between AP and AD.  

Hi Dalia,

We already tried that approach at the beginning and it didn't work out too. People were posting in the wrong sections so we end up going with a single general section.

Maybe we should give it a second try someday... 

As it is, a lot of people keep using the general question forum for everything, including what should posted in the separate forums dedicated to the three betas & the Feature Requests one.

I don't think that will change much, no matter what you try. Maybe it would help a little if the only place the "Start New Topic" button appeared was on the top level forum page, & that forced users to choose a forum before starting a new topic?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7