Sign in to follow this  
JMS

“IMG_7819.afphoto” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Hi there,

I was working a bit with AF Photo, saved the file to my desktop and just tried to open it again but get that message in the Title. A bit odd how I think. This does not happen with AF Designer files though.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jan

post-16447-0-97592000-1470988598_thumb.png

Hi again,

I could get it going now with System Prefs -> Security & Privacy -> Open anyway. Screenshot of message attached. 

Sorry, on the verge of getting sick so not on top of my game...

However, this shouldn't happen anyway, should it?

Cheers

post-16447-0-82656700-1470989343_thumb.png

Hmm this odd and not an easy one to reproduce. Is it only this file you are having this with or does it occur with other files too? 

As you have discovered the temporary work around is to adjust the security setting in System Preferences

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris_K & Andrew Tang,

sorry for my lack of response but thanks for your quick response. I thought I had my setting set up to email notify me if I get a reply. Will have to check this one again  :) .

Chris_K, It was only that one file so far I remember. However, initially I had it saved in the Designer iCloud folder which would open it in Designer instead of Photo. So I then moved it to the desktop for that time being as I was in a hurry and it came up with that message. Since the workaround I haven't had an Issue with it again but will keep you guys in the loop in case it happens again.

Andrew, no, I have no beta installed. I don't use this machine for Beta testing, I have a seperate one for that to keep one system clean  ;) .

Hope this info helps a bit? Let me know if you need to know any more and I will try to get it back to you guys. If I find the email notification option that is  :lol: .

Cheers