You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.5.0.11 Color Swatches Line and Fill Failure

Sometimes when I draw either a line or a shape with the Pen Tool, click on the Move Tool, and then go to the Swatches Panel and click to fill the line or shape with a color, nothing happens. I can fill the line or color with the color in the Color Picker Color Box, so a workaround is to make sure I sample the fill or line color I want and have it showing in the Color Box before I draw the line or shape. If I forget to do that then selecting a shape or line with the desired color and using Edit Copy and then using Edit Paste Style on the blank line or shape also works. AD will usually return to normal filling of new lines or shapes after a varying number of failures. I’m sure there are other workarounds than the ones I am being forced to employ, but AD shouldn’t be doing this.

Yes, I'm finding clicking on the swatch I want to fill/stroke an object with doesn't always work first time. Having successfully added a fill/stroke colour to one object, if I need the same colour on another object I have to click on a different swatch first for the fill/stroke to update then clicking back on the first swatch updates the object.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

It is indeed funky, I reported the swatches failure to apply correctly when version 1.5.0.8 was released and again with 1.5.0.10 I think it was.

although for me the way the Recent swatch feature functions is slightly annoying, i hate that the last colour swatch is removed when replaced by a previously used colour and having it separated from the current Document swatch pallet just means you have to keep switching to get back colours lost from the recent tabs - lol think i'm just to finicky

Yes, I'm finding clicking on the swatch I want to fill/stroke an object with doesn't always work first time. Having successfully added a fill/stroke colour to one object, if I need the same colour on another object I have to click on a different swatch first for the fill/stroke to update then clicking back on the first swatch updates the object.

I've been having this same problem for several versions also.

iMac (24 inch, M1, 8 cores, 16 GB Memory, 2021)

iPad Pro 12.9", 3rd Generation

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.