Hey,

first of all: I really love the snapping candidate approach. I love to control the snapping by selecting one or two candidates and moving my object slowly to snap it to the gaps (see attachment 1)

The problem is: When I'm slowly moving my object, it often happens, that shapes near the desired location are added to the candidate list, messing up my candidates.

I'd like to chose the candidates manually, maybe by clicking the mousewheel or another shortcut. Another option would be an isolation mode to exclude other objects temporarily.

~Andrej

PS: Ignore the top left object in the second screen.

post-35140-0-58444800-1470918772_thumb.png

post-35140-0-15945400-1470918773_thumb.png

have you tried the latest beta? it has options to only use candidates from the current layer, that might help and may even be faster than to select them manually...

+1. Snapping candidates is a brilliant concept! But as OP mentioned, it is easy to bestow candidate status accidentally, and then impossible to revoke it (without designating a number of other candidates).

Also: highlighting the first letter in a snap candidate text box is awkward. Can we not highlight the bounding box instead?

Also: would love snapping for distance distribution, as Adobe has done for all their core design apps. (I'm not a Publisher user, so I'm not sure if it's there already.) For example, if I have three identical objects in a row, all 20px apart, and I create a 4th one, I would like it to snap to the same 20px mark.

Also: would love snapping for distance distribution, as Adobe has done for all their core design apps. (I'm not a Publisher user, so I'm not sure if it's there already.) For example, if I have three identical objects in a row, all 20px apart, and I create a 4th one, I would like it to snap to the same 20px mark.

AD on Windows beta 1.5 already does this. :)

post-8358-0-12090800-1475278198_thumb.png

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)