You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thanks for the welcome!  :)

OK, extremely weird that a major design feature like this isn't available on SW as well thought out as this?! Must be an oversight or simply an unfavorable feature with your software developers?

In any case, I need this pronto as I will need to do some Synthwave album artwork. How fast can you guys implement tools for this into the app? Really didn't want to switch to the Adobe camp after a few days of using this...  :(

OK, if you need this "pronto", the Affinity team will not sleep, until it is  built in! Perhaps they will fire the team members, who weren’t aware of this gigantic gap!

Strange people around …

OK, so I'm not the first to point this out. Is that the sole reason for your smugness? 

Reason for me asking is, if this is not within a month or so away, I will have to get Illustrator CC or something else.

Thanks for your response...

… I want to draw a flying tiger with a fried chicken between his teeth chasing Pokémons in Manhattan. I need this pronto! Can one of the developers tell, if this feature is realised in the next 2, 3 weeks? I mean, this is really basic!

I went back and looked for this feature on the forum and it has been asked for, for the past 2+ years(!!!). So yeah, I won't be expecting them to add it anytime soon. Meanwhile, Illustrator has had this feature since the 80's. Basic, yes.

I gotta say I'm pretty impressed by the utter stupid ways you found to showcase your own ignorance to this community. But it's your own choice if you feel the need to be an idiot gatekeeper. I'm outta here.

How fast can you guys implement tools for this into the app?

[…]  

I'm outta here.

So you didn’t want an answer of a developer … ?

An implementation into the app can be done soon if the concept / tool code already exists.

Real artist would draw this using only pen tool.

Not in real life.  :D

OK, so I'm not the first to point this out. Is that the sole reason for your smugness? 

Reason for me asking is, if this is not within a month or so away, I will have to get Illustrator CC or something else.

Thanks for your response...

Inkscape can do what you want via interpolation.

Cheers

P.

post-28670-0-52621100-1470959811_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi AIC,

Overall almost all known features have been requested by someone at this point. As you can guess, there's no development resources available to fulfil all of them in such a short range of time. Illustrator has been in development for decades, Affinity Designer will complete two years on the market soon.

We already have a Blend Tool in Designer's roadmap, which is the closest tool planned to create these type of objects, however there's no ETA for it. The roadmap covers all features to be implemented during the 1.x versions, so naturally some items will appear sooner than others. Bear with us while we get there.

You might get something usable with power duplicate feature, but it's results are somewhat hard to predict in this kind of use. Interpolation would be more useful (try inkscape). Illustrator's 3D transform would be even better. On the other hand, the lines in example look like result of some kind of procedural generation, for which tools are... well, I don't know them. Of course smart artists can fake anything.