You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Unless I am missing it) Batch image 'template' facility

(If I've missed something and all of this is really easy, please ignore; I've only had a few minutes to play with the beta.)

Looking at the batch processing system, I wonder if there might be a way to specify an existing document as a 'template' or merge base for the batch processing?

It would have a picker for a file that is used as the template of the output file, or a source of layers. 

Two ways I can see this working:

'Use as template': the batch process could swap in each source file to replace the base layer in the template? It might allow the choice to resize the source to fit into the dimensions of the template.

'Add layers from...': where it copies in all the layers from the template file, with a tickbox for 'omit background layer'? This way round it might allow the copied layers to be resized to fit 

It seems to me that this would be a useful shorthand for quite a range of 'canned' adjustments-based batches, without the need to create a macro to reproduce the work in the template file. 

I often use CameraBag 2 for this kind of work. CameraBag has a filters list instead. The above solution would let photographers/designers have a set of reusable template files with multiple watermarks, transparent overlays, adjustments, etc.

If it could be arranged such that other macros could be applied on top, it's an even more flexible shorthand.