Sign in to follow this  
Andrej

[AD] Break Path at Intersections and Snapping for Adding Nodes

Hey,

it would be great to be able to break paths at intersection points. Easiest implementation was something like a boolean operation - select two paths, click a button and get the nicely broken path segments.

Feature suggestion 1: Break-paths-at-intersection-points-operation.

A workaround is to create new nodes manually and break them individually afterwards. But here I ran into another missing feature. The current behavior of the node-adding doesn't allow me to create new nodes using snapping. Thus my cuts aren't aligned perfectly (I might have exaggerated it a little on the screens).

Feature suggestion 2: Use snapping while creating nodes on existing paths. An optimal way would be the option to drag a new node on an existing path to activate candidates to snap onto.

[Feature suggestion 3: Combine adding nodes and breaking them like the scissors-tool in Illustrator does. Could be implemented as an option in the node-tool. Similar snapping behavior as described above]

~Andrej

PS: I know that I could perform a standard subtract operation in the first place and then break the paths to achieve the result shown in the screens. But I'm adding these requests to improve workflows.

post-35140-0-05401800-1470838533_thumb.png

post-35140-0-56480100-1470838537_thumb.png

post-35140-0-14715700-1470838538_thumb.png

post-35140-0-58710600-1470838538_thumb.png