WillBellJr

Am I missing it? Numeric Scale?..

39 minutes ago, Tupaia said:

One should be able to numerically rotate/shear/scale around that freely positionable origin

This also already works.

42 minutes ago, Tupaia said:

To restore an object's original size then, you would need to remember all the scales you did in the meantime

No.

41 minutes ago, Tupaia said:

To restore an object's original size then, you would need to remember all the scales you did in the meantime

2 minutes ago, Oval said:

No.

How so? If you have three objects and you scale one of them to 75%, another to 50% and the third to 60%, what can you do to restore the original sizes if you don’t remember the individual scaling used? :/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

20 minutes ago, Alfred said:

If you have three objects

Simply this: You say you have them. So you have the solution (by History or by re-importing them or by duplicating them before resizing). All Affinity users know: If you need the original sizes: Keep them, because Serif does not tell us the old sizes if you delete them.

12 hours ago, Tupaia said:

please also think about adding a switch for the Transform Origin

This is already possible.

Click the (3x3) Anchor Point Selector a second time, and the Transform Center is selected and show.

One of Affinity's little hidden Easter eggs.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

47 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

This is already possible.

Click the (3x3) Anchor Point Selector a second time, and the Transform Center is selected and show.

One of Affinity's little hidden Easter eggs.

You're right! Awesome, thanks!!