You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Symbol sprayer for Disigner

It would be nice to have a tool that sprays symbols. with size, opacity, rotation and color control. (like symbol sprayer tool in adobe illustrator, or anything like that.)

Acer Aspire V5-573G 

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4200 CPU @ 1,60 GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM: 8.00 Gb

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M    

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics Family

I second this! And let me add that the ability to make adjustments to a symbol's effects/style be an option too. To be honest the symbol sprayer is not a tool I use on a regular basis, but when I do need it it will literally save me hours of work. Today I was creating a bokeh effect for a background and, without the Symbol Sprayer and it's various adjustment tools, I would have had to make adjustments to the size, opacity, position and amount of blur of hundreds of objects individually. What could have taken over 2 hours took me about 25 minutes - and it only took that long because Illustrator chugs along when it has handle that many objects using effects like Gaussian blur (it actually crashed on me several times). It wouldn't necessarily have to be an exact clone of the Symbol Sprayer tool set, just some way to quickly adjust different variables for a set of objects with the ability to add a degree of randomization to the adjustments.

-John Nettles

System:

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A USB 3.1

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz, 4 Cores

Memory: 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz, G.Skill Ripjaws X Series

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390

System Hard Drive: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Aux. Hard Drives:

2GB Western Digital Black HDD

1GB Western Digital Blue HDD