You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

What format should I save a large affinity design file to be sent to a printer and turned into a banner?  

I've been creating a banner for the local karate club, on and off, for some time now.  I had to come onto this forum before regarding some issues with the stability of it, which have been sorted now...  We've finally got it to where we like it, and would like to send it to the printer for a sample and ultimately printing.  The banner is to be five metres wide and just under a meter tall.  Every file I've sent them so far, they've been unable to open, has appeared pixelated or is too large for them to deal with...  I've tried a .svg, .jpg and a .pdf.  Please, can someone help?  This might just kill me...

I'll post links below to the dropbox files so you can take a look.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ff9qser123nsn1n/dojobannerprintvariant2.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v49136o7yf9sfro/dojobannerprintvariant2.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4zbgyxlm15cx81/dojobannerprintvariant2.afdesign?dl=0

Thanks!!!  

When I've done banners I make the art 1/4 size and save at 600dpi and send a pdf to the printer. I've used different printers and in every case there has been no problem either technically or quality-wise. I don't know if this fits your workflow but hope it might give you some ideas.

Bob

Thank you for the replies.  

Hi Bob, I've just tried saving it to quarter size, I reduced the dpi as well, but I'm hoping that since the design is mostly vector based that there shouldn't be a problem...  

Thanks again, fingers crossed the printers can do something with it.  Not sure why you're not able to view the files Leigh...  If I continue to have problems with it, I'll attach them to the thread. 

Not sure why you're not able to view the files Leigh...  If I continue to have problems with it, I'll attach them to the thread. 

The links to your files in your first post produce 404 'file not found' errors.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7