You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all. I am a professional graphic designer and have been using PagePlus since about 1998. I am really enjoying Affinity and has many advantages over PagePlus but it also has some serious downsides currently. Can we assume that these will be corrected? The main one I'm thinking of of the top of my head has been finding that I cannot save workspaces (panel locations et cetera) but there are many others including bitmap modification within the program and so on. Are these things which you hope to include a later date as currently I keep trying to start projects in Affinity and then finding myself having to go back to PagePlus to finish up?

I don't mean to sound like a complainer as I think this has the potential to be a fantastic program and is very innovative.

Thanks for any thoughts you have.

Phil

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

• Staff

Hi Phil,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Designer is not a replacement for Serif PagePlus or any other product of the Serif Plus line. Affinity is a new line of software based on a new codebase aimed at semi-professional/professional markets. Designer in particular is a mixed vector/raster design/illustration software that's closer to DrawPlus than PagePlus.

We will have a desktop publishing solution later - Affinity Publisher - but there's still no definite ETA for it. We are continuously improving all Affinity products.

Check Affinity Photo change log/beta thread (currently only for Mac) for a list of improvements being introduced/worked for Photo v1.5.

If you think there's features missing or needing improvements feel free to open a new thread for each one in the Features Request section.

Thanks very much for the prompt reply. I guess I didn't realise that Affinity designer was closer to DrawPlus and PagePlus. I also hadn't heard about Publisher. It's exciting that that is going to appear at some point. Of course, it doesn't really alter the fact that it would be good to have these features added. I knew about Affinity Photo but even with the existence of PhotoPlus DrawPlus and PagePlus still have certain functionality for optimising images from within the program. Anyway, I'll go and add these requests to common feature requests thread.

Thanks again

Phil

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

DrawPlus and PagePlus still have certain functionality for optimising images from within the program

Have you investigated the options offered by the Pixel Persona in Affinity Designer? It isn't anything like PhotoLab in DP and PP, but at least it allows you to work at the pixel level.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.