idioty

Affinity Photo plugins does'nt show full resolution image in preview.

If I want to compare the original end edited photo (in Photos app with any Affinity Photo plugin), the preview slice shows very pixel image and I can't really compare them.

I created a screenshot to show what I'm meaning. This image is'nt edited, so I only checked the Preview checkbox.

post-35122-0-71397100-1470660916_thumb.png

Hi idioty

there does seem to be an element of resampling but is seems pretty subtle. The right side of the line should show the before image so it looks like the extension is making it slightly highers res or at least smoother. Are you noticing this much of a difference on all your image or is it ones of a specific size?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I created all photos with iPhone6 Plus. I tried cropping a photo and the bug is same (with smaller size of photo). This bug appears in all plugin.

About my system: 2015 15" rMBP, OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, Affinity Photo 1.4.2.

It seems, the issue is related to retina display. I have an Apple Cinema Display (23", 2009) with 1920x1200 pixel resolution. If I open a plugin while using this monitor, there is no bug. But if I move the window of Photos app to MBP retina display (with 2880x1800 resolution) and I open the same plugin then the bug appears again.

I use the retina display with full resolution, not with default:

post-35122-0-24431400-1470927223_thumb.png