You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Constraints Group is getting cliped

Hi,

I tried to create a (dynamic) dimension line using constraints and found out that "Constraints Group" as it is diplayed in layers panel clips the aplied strokes - se attached image.

This probably isn't intetional?

EDIT: I was a bit sloppy here. I asumed If I put constraints on objects that were in a group, the group wouldn't get clipped by an encompasing rectangle which it does, because it needs a reference container for the constraints ) so it probably isn't  a bug. 

Regards,

Matej

post-30264-0-94761300-1470654171_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i have noticed it too. If you just simply create a container box with a large stroke, and put it in a constraints group. It will chop the strokes. Or chop the drop shadows.

At least an option could be useful maybe, to turn of cropping. Sort of like "Preserve alpha" in the Gaussian blur effect menu.

A workaround now is to apply all the styles to the constraint layer. But then you have to repeat your work every time you group a constraint object.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same issue in Affinity Designer 1.6.4 for iPad.

Yes, it seems to be the line thickness extending beyond the bounding nodes that is clipped.

An example is here: http://papirfoldning.dk/temp/constraint-clip-example.zip. The black object is constrained and hence erroneously clipped, whereas the underlying yellow one is not constrained and has the correct, unclipped shape.

I hope it will be solved in version 1.7 for iPad Pro.

To be fair, I try to use constraints as a partial workaround to the lack of defining arrow heads as arbitrary objects: they should not scale when stretching the arrow (solved with constraints), and they should point in the direction of the end of the line when bendimg it (requires manual adjustment). I hope to see this in a new version of Affin9ty Designer (I believe it is not yet in 1.7 - the beta is not for iPad, so have to wait to be sure).

Best regards,

Hans

ps: I tried to upload an example file, but it keeps saying it fails. Hence I linked instead.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.